Tuesday, April 18, 2017

It is not ALL about the ponies...

I'd love for this blog to be about family, and other farm life and farm critters.  With Easter weekend safely tucked away for the year, it is time to talk about spring (!) and new life around the farm.

I'll start with the easiest discussion.  One which I adore almost as much as the ponies...  what might that be, you ask?  Why, my beautiful and adorable call ducks!  And by that I mean that it is hatching season!!!

If you don't know about call ducks, here is my quick speech:  they are an adorable breed of bantam ducks - quality females weighing approximately 1lbs and males coming in at a "hefty" 1.5lbs.  The females are quite noisy (hence the name Call duck - used traditionally to "call in" wild mallard ducks for hunting purposes) but the males are nearly silent.  Their small size, pudgy build and docile temperaments make them ideal pets - and if you are looking for color, they come in a large and lovely variety of hues!

But, for your viewing pleasure, please enjoy the baby pictures!










4 comments:

  1. Um these ducks are adorable. Definitely needed these pics today haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know! I love them - the adults are just as adorable and lovely as the babies are! I'll try to get some good media of the adults!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I'm addicted to the ducks! They're also SO MUCH CHEAPER than the horses, lol - so they're my crazy lady collection - though to be fair to myself, I DO take them to poultry shows, so I'm not totally insane X-D

      Delete